Do I have to turn in a 30-day notice?
Yes, a 30-Day Notice is required to be turned in prior to the first of the month for it to be effective for the end of the following month.
How can I pay my rent?
Rent is required to be paid through your tenant porta
. Your tenant portal affords the opportunity to pay rent from anywhere and anytime you have an Internet connection. When you choose to pay your rent through e-check it’s free through the tenant portal. If you choose to pay via credit card, the processing company does require a fee to do this. You will be given secured login information before you move into your new home. If for some reason you must pay in office because your account is on certified funds only, a convenience fee will be applied and due.
How can I submit a maintenance request?
You can submit a maintenance request by simply logging into your Property Meld
account and submit your request. You can also report maintenance by calling our office at 505-427-3434 and following the prompts.
When I move out, what do I need to do to receive my full security deposit back?
We advise that you remove all personal belongings and clean the house thoroughly including floors, walls, trim, windows, bathrooms, counters, cabinets, appliances. All carpets should be professionally shampooed. Gutters should be cleaned out. The roof should be free of leaves and debris. If you are responsible for lawn maintenance, then the grass and hedges need to be trimmed to a reasonable height and all planting beds should be free of weeds.
How long does it take to get my deposit back?
We work very hard to get your security deposit back as quickly as possible. There are some items that we have to wait for in order to close the deposit out correctly. One of those items are ‘final’ utility bills. This is usually the most time-consuming item during the deposit return process. Also, if the home is not left in a ‘Rent Ready’ condition, we may also be waiting on third-party vendors to submit their invoices. In any case, we have 14 business days from the last date of tenancy to mail an itemized ledger of charges (if any) and return of deposit amount (if any).
How is prorated rent determined?
As a standard of practice, prorations are determined based off of an average 30-day month (365 days in a year divided by 12 months in the year = 30 days). This method takes into account the changing number of days in each month. The resulting number is the average number of days in each month, which is used to divide the total monthly rental amount to obtain the daily rental amount. Example; Rent is $1200.00 and move in day is on the 16th of Jan. $1200/30 to get the daily rental amount of $40.00. Take the $40.00 and multiply it by 16 days that is left in the month (this includes the move in day) to equal $640 of prorated rent.
What is Tenant Liability Insurance?
This is an insurance carried by the tenant to protect the tenant and the home owner from tenant negligence and loss. ICPM does require tenants to carry this insurance at all times the tenant is in lease with ICPM. There are lots of companies that provide this coverage or can be purchased through our tenant portal software. The coverage provided through our tenant portal software has a zero (0) dollar deductible and is cheaper than most on the market. One important fact to know is that Tenant Liability Insurance does NOT cover the tenant’s personal items in the home. It only covers any negligence that may have occurred, if applicable.
Should I carry renter’s insurance?
Yes! Although it is not required, we highly recommend it. Simply because the home owner’s insurance does not cover the resident’s personal items. For example, an electrical surge damages your TV, this is not the responsibility of the landlord. This is a claim for renter’s insurance.
Where do I get a mail key?
To obtain a mail key, take your lease to the closest Post Office and request a mail key. ICPM does not provide mail keys.
What does my tenant portal do for me?
We are happy to offer cutting edge technology and a powerful tenant portal that will allow you to easily manage your relationship with ICPM and your rental home at your own convenience wherever you have Internet access. Here’s what it does for you:
- Pay Rent: We offer several payment methods; the most convenient way is to pay with e-check. You can even pay by credit card, just beware that the credit processing company does charge a fee for doing so. In your tenant portal, simply click the home tab and then “pay now.” You can also set up an autopayment to either pay a certain amount and on a day that you choose every month or to pay the full balance according to a day you choose. Autopay is set up to be a reoccurrence so you can set it and forget it.
- Access Lease Documents: We make it easy for you to access your lease anytime on your portal along with other important documents that might be associated with your residency.
- View Ledger: Have questions about your balance or want to make sure your payment applied to your account? Go to “Payments” click on “View Full Account Ledger” and your full accounting is at your fingertips.
- Update Your Information: From time to time you may need to update your phone number or perhaps your emergency contact has changed. Worry not, you can update this contact information directly in your portal. No need to even make a phone call!
- Upload Your Renters Insurance Policy: Perhaps you’ve gotten a new renters insurance policy but don’t want to make a trip to the office. That’s great because you can simply upload it directly to your portal making it easier and more convenient.